> I´m trying to load an old OS/390 1.3 in a z890.
>
> Since I´m ipling with loadparm cuuxxM (to get messages) I can see that
> until it check page allocations all is going fine.

> INITIALIZATION so a disable wait code 9064 pointing to module ieavnp8b
> and all is finished.
>
> I found some apars saying about a commun problem about ESQA, but
> SQA/ESQA parm in LOADxx isin´t supported in this old version. Many
> problems is reported in google using Hercules, but I´m using a real z890

> machine.
>
> Same system goes up ok if I IPL it in a 9672 R36.
>
> I know that this is a very old system, loose support before z890 comes
> to streets, so no support is warranty from IBM.
>
> But I´m just curiosuos if we can made this old system (31 bits) runs in
> a 64 bits machine (z890 that is actually available).

 I don't see an IEAVNP8B in the NIP rim list for OS/390 1.3
(or any other release).  So unless you have an IEAVNP8B
in SYS1.NUCLEUS that was supplied by some other vendor, and a zap
to IEADRIMS to invoke it, I don't see how you would be seeing
IEAVBP8B in the IEA304W message.

Jim Mulder   z/OS System Test   IBM Corp.  Poughkeepsie,  NY