Deactivate? Stop? Force all chpids, paths, devices offline? copy a bunch of
zeros into low storage and wait for the havoc to begin..

Free CSA.. almost guaranteed IPL

I am sure the creative members of IBM-MAIN can come up with a plethora of
normally undesirable actions to exercise SFM.

Rob Schramm

On Mon, Jun 6, 2016, 7:44 PM Mark Jacobs - Listserv <
mark.jac...@custserv.com> wrote:

> Since Quiesce will put the system in a restartable wait state, I'd think
> that the XCF heartbeat would stop too.
>
> Mark Jacobs
>
> > Jesse 1 Robinson <mailto:jesse1.robin...@sce.com>
> > June 6, 2016 at 7:32 PM
> > I'd like to test my Sysplex Failure Management policy. The question is
> > how to make a system stop responding long enough to trigger expulsion
> > from the sysplex. I'm thinking of issuing QUIESCE on a member. Have
> > not used that in decades. Will it cause lack of XCF heartbeat? I can
> > just try it unless someone has a better suggestion.
> >
> > The last time this happened for reals was when a system ran clean out
> > of SQA on account of a bad dog product. That's pretty hard to
> > recreate. All I want is to go through the pain and agony of
> > partitioning to test message handling and auto SAD.
> >
> > .
> > .
> > .
> > J.O.Skip Robinson
> > Southern California Edison Company
> > Electric Dragon Team Paddler
> > SHARE MVS Program Co-Manager
> > 323-715-0595 Mobile
> > 626-302-7535 Office
> > robin...@sce.com<mailto:robin...@sce.com>

> > Please be alert for any emails that may ask you for login information
> > or directs you to login via a link. If you believe this message is a
> > phish or aren't sure whether this message is trustworthy, please send
> > the original message as an attachment to 'phish...@timeinc.com'.
> >

> --
>
> Mark Jacobs
> Time Customer Service
> Technology and Product Engineering
>
> The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.
> Lt. Gen. David Morrison

Rob Schramm
The Art of Mainframe, Inc