Sent: Tue, 7 Jun 2016 19:19:08 +0000
Subject: Re: Testing SFM policy

 Testing was semi-successful. On one hand, QUIESCE stopped the system.
Missing heartbeat was detected by SFM and system was partitioned out.
However, I was also trying to test SAD and AutoIPL. Nothing happened
in that arena, so--as I do when all else fails--I RTFM. Found this:

 "For restartable wait states, Loadwait will ignore the AutoIPL policy
unless a matching WSAT entry is found that has one or both flags on.
If a bit is found on, then the corresponding SAD or re-IPL will be
performed. As of this writing, the WSAT contains no entries matching
any restartable wait state and reason codes, so a restartable wait
state request will not result in any AutoIPL action."

 Because the QUIESCE wait state (x'CCC') is restartable, AutoIPL and
SAD are ignored. I need to find another way to kill the system.
Ironically we've had a few AutoIPLs over the years, mostly (all?)
involving virtual storage exhaustion of some kind. None of them
intentional.

 .
 .
 .