From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On
Behalf Of Phil Smith
Sent: Friday, June 10, 2016 8:19 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: System SSL and private TCP/IP stack?

Allan Staller wrote:
-------> Look at the POLICY  AGENT (PAGENT). There are some additional low
level OMVS changes needed to support multiple TCP/IP stacks. I haven't
checked, but PAGENT may be able to help here. You might/might not need an
additional stack.

and

-------> Add //SYSTCPD DD DSN=.....,FREE=CLOSE to the STC JCL.
The doc for the RESOLVER and SYSTCPD is in the IP Config Reference and IP
Config Guide

Thanks Allan! This is perfect, gives me the breadcrumbs I need to figure
this out (well, or at least to get further with it).

It indeed sounds like we shouldn't need a separate stack. If I'm reading the
doc right, PAGENT sounds like a software firewall/IPTABLES kind of thing,
and can be set up to say "Traffic to this IP on these ports is only allowed
by that job", which is exactly what our customer wants.

Jeez, and it took a whole seven minutes for you to respond...! (And then
several times that for me to find the bloody book on the New! and Improved!
Knowledge Center, grr... There appears to be no library page with a list of
books, or if there is, it's not obvious to me.)