While every system can use the same UCB from an OS point of view, there are
cases where that may not be a good idea or even not work.

As for the wisdom using the same device address, a sysplex can (in my view
ought to) display messages from all members. Having the same console address
might cause confusion for Ops.

As for functionality, we use the product VCC to manage consoles for all z/OS
LPARs in the enterprise. VCC uses defined console addresses to keep track of
them. AFAIK VCC would not work if all consoles had the same UCB address. What
we can do is use the same 'control unit' definition in our single enterprise
IODF. We just make different device addresses accessible to different LPARs. So
all LPARs see a console control unit at 0700, but the devices (00 - the max)
are attached in the IODF uniquely to each LPAR for VCC management. While all
the devices are visible via D U, trying to vary online someone else's console
fails:

13.16.27 X0           v 0710,online
13.16.27 X0           IEE103I UNIT 0710     NOT BROUGHT ONLINE
IEE763I NAME= IECVIOPM CODE= 0000000400000000
IOS551I NO PATHS PHYSICALLY AVAILABLE
IEE764I END OF IEE103I    RELATED MESSAGES

I refer above to 'the max' because there seems to be a limitation of
twenty-something (less than 32) that I don't understand.

.
.
.
J.O.Skip Robinson