So maybe somebody can explain the logic behind this.  I opened a PMR last week
on an IBM product that I have support on.  I was able to electronically open
the ticket and as part of my opening documentation, I mentioned that I have an
SVC dump of the offending product that I can send them if they need it.  (20-20
hindsight, I should have just attached the dump when I opened the PMR).
Anyway, I got an e-mail back from IBM support asking me to send in the dump,
along with a link to my PMR.  However when I go back to the PMR, the web page
says that if I want to update my PMR electronically I need either Software Xcel
or Resolve to attach, otherwise I need to call IBM-SERV to update the ticket.

So I need to pay IBM extra money on top of the monthly/annual support charges
for the privilege of being able to save IBM time and money by updating PMRs
myself rather than having IBM update them for me?  This doesn't compute!!

<rant off>

Rex

The information contained in this message is confidential, protected from
disclosure and may be legally privileged.  If the reader of this message is not
the intended recipient or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this
message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure,
distribution, copying, or any action taken or action omitted in reliance on it,
is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have received this
message and destroy the material in its entirety, whether in electronic or hard
copy format.  Thank you.