>Since the documentation for IEAMSCHD says that AMODE 64 is not supported,
>you are taking a risk that your code might at any point stop behaving
>properly. That is your choice, but it is your (and your users') risk. Is
>there any plan to do so in the immediate future? Not that I know of. Would
>any such plan be announced? Probably not.

I accept what the current state of the documentation says. However, when
z/OS is touted as 64-bit capable, shouldn't a continous effort be driven whereby
all invoked system system services eventually are AMODE(64) capable ??
(disregard the restricted location of certain control blocks for now  .... I'm
merely referring to invoking a service whilst running in AMODE(64))

>Regardless, the AMODE of the target SRB is not AMODE 64, and the high
>halves are not part of the interface. You must make no assumption about
>those values other than what has been documented.
>So aside from observing that they are FF's, why do you care?

The SRB routine was created as a 64-bit routine and immediately switches
to AMODE(64) upon getting control. Since SRB routines receive control in
AMODE(31), I did not expect or depend on any specific values in the high
halves of the GPR's or the AR's. I was merely interested why that condition
existed and Ed's comment about the DIAGxx member explained that.

Best regards, Andre