>>Note that all the GPR's in the issuing code are purified to contain "clean"
>>31-bit addresses
>>before the IEAMSCHD is issued.

>That's not good enough. Your SRB routine, which received control in 31-bit
>mode cannot make
>any assumptions about the high halves of the registers.

I mentioned that in relation to the fact that an AMODE(64) module issued the
IEAMSCHD whilst
the doc states AMODE(31) is required ....... didn't have any assumptions about
the SRB routine
itself.

>>As of late (I suspect since z/OS V2R1), the high halves (bits 0-31) of all
>>GPRs, and the ARs,
>>contain x'FFFFFFFF' when the SRB routine is entered (the routine is scheduled
>>in KEY=0
>>with PASN=SASN=HASN), even if (in the case of the GPRs) bits 32-63 is zero.

>As Ed pointed out, this is a DIAG trap that is intended to help you to find
>errors in your code
>where you assume that the high halves are zero when they may not be.

Indeed! I found that out the hard way .......

Thanks to everyone who responded to this ........ learnt a few lessons here.

Best regards, Andre