On 7/2/2016 5:25 PM, Paul Gilmartin wrote:
On Sat, 2 Jul 2016 16:06:49 -0700, Ed Jaffe wrote:

... You never get a specification exception on a
branch.

Specification exception
     Possible causes are as follows:
         Branch to an odd-numbered address, caused by an overlaid register save
area

I was too hasty with my original response. ANY branch to an odd address generates a specification exception. The exception is recognized before exceptions caused by a failure to fetch the storage. Therefore, the result is 0C6 even if the storage does not exist or is fetch protected.

Technically, it's not the branch itself abending but I'm not going to dwell on that...

--
Edward E Jaffe
Phoenix Software International, Inc