I believe edit profiles are kept in the ISREDIT member of your ISPPROF data set. I'm not sure the format is documented anywhere, but there are services to retrieve and change the settings.

Basically, if you define PROFILE FOO (which is as simple as using it on the Edit or View entry panel), and you set up the profile as you wish, and use it for FOO files, "it should just work." But you probably know that much alreay.

z/OS ISPF Edit and Edit Macros is where I'd start looking for more info.

Charles Mills wrote:
I know this is an incredibly basic question and I am sure the answer is RTFM
-- I just cannot figure out which FM to R -- and not from lack of trying.

In ISPF Edit or View you can of course say "PROFILE REXX" or "PROFILE CNTL".
Where are the "attributes" of REXX or CNTL defined to ISPF? What is the file
in which ISPF keeps the "characteristics" of REXX or CNTL, especially the
highlighting?

If one wanted to define "PROFILE FOO" with highlighting suitable for FOO
files, where is the process documented? Which FM under what topic?
<snip>

--
John Eells
IBM Poughkeepsie