>A rexx check runs several iterations and failed with the above diagnostic
>information. It is my understanding that 0401 is the reason code. If so,
it
>refers to implicit call to HZSQUERY that tried to retieve (or update) the
>PQE area (which the rexx uses to pass information. Reason code 0401 mean:
Not
>all data was returned because the answer area is not big enough. Answer
>area field HZSQUAAHTLEN /HZSQUAAH64TLEN indicates how much space is
>currently required.

I don't know that I'd necessarily agree with your understanding. You did
not show the complete information that was received.
The diagnostic information returned by a check is totally up to that
individual check to document. It is true that xxxx0401 with
return code 4 is a possible return from HZSQUERY. It is also possible from
any number of system services.

What check are you referring to?

>Any idea what cause the message?
If the check invoked HZSQUERY and got this reason code, then it was
because of exactly the reason that you quoted.
The data that needed to be returned would not all fit in the provided
area.

FWIW, it would be very surprising to me for a REXX health check to use
HZSQUERY.

Peter Relson
z/OS Core Technology Design