From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Lizette Koehler
Sent: 19 July 2016 16:12
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Default space allocation

-- This email has reached the Bank via an external source --

That means you are taking defaults.  So the Init and Tuning Reference will
provide more info

ALLOCxx (allocation system defaults)
Use the ALLOCxx member of SYS1.PARMLIB to define installation defaults for:

    Unit names (dynamic allocation, unit-affinity-ignored, and redirection from
TAPE)
    Space attributes
    TIOT size
    Handling allocation requests
    Catalog error policies.

These installation defaults for handling allocation requests can be overridden
by installation exit routines specified in the EXITxx parmlib member. For
information about the allocation exit routines, see z/OS MVS Installation
Exits. After IPL, use the SETALLOC command to change any of the defaults
(except for 2DGT_EXPDT).

Lizette

Lloyds Banking Group plc. Registered Office: The Mound, Edinburgh EH1 1YZ.
Registered in Scotland no. SC95000. Telephone: 0131 225 4555. Lloyds Bank plc.
Registered Office: 25 Gresham Street, London EC2V 7HN. Registered in England
and Wales no. 2065. Telephone 0207626 1500. Bank of Scotland plc. Registered
Office: The Mound, Edinburgh EH1 1YZ. Registered in Scotland no. SC327000.
Telephone: 03457 801 801. Cheltenham & Gloucester plc. Registered Office:
Barnett Way, Gloucester GL4 3RL. Registered in England and Wales 2299428.
Telephone: 0345 603 1637

Lloyds Bank plc, Bank of Scotland plc are authorised by the Prudential
Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and
Prudential Regulation Authority.

Cheltenham & Gloucester plc is authorised and regulated by the Financial
Conduct Authority.

Halifax is a division of Bank of Scotland plc. Cheltenham & Gloucester Savings
is a division of Lloyds Bank plc.

HBOS plc. Registered Office: The Mound, Edinburgh EH1 1YZ. Registered in
Scotland no. SC218813.

This e-mail (including any attachments) is private and confidential and may
contain privileged material. If you have received this e-mail in error, please
notify the sender and delete it (including any attachments) immediately. You
must not copy, distribute, disclose or use any of the information in it or any
attachments. Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded.