As far as memory (storage) references go, "Above" and "Below" can easily be
perceived and defended either way, although *I* would usually take "Above"
to mean higher addresses (cf. "above-the-line').  By context, I guess the
opposite was meant, probably by projection of a dump or most memory
displays.  Anyway, the terms, they are ambiguous.

I think "Before" and "After" are much clearer.

sas

On Fri, Jul 22, 2016 at 4:35 PM, J R <jayare...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Of my vast collection of laptops, I use only the most recent two.  One
> started life under W7, the other under W8.  Of course, MS eventually
> cajoled me into "upgrading" them both to W10!  Their scrolling-by-gesture
> works in opposite directions and I have yet to bother fixing one to match
> the other.  Consequently, it always takes a few swipes to figure which way
> to scroll.
>
> So, it's not just Apple; MS has blindly followed, but not yet
> standardized.  :-(
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> > On Jul 22, 2016, at 13:23, Paul Gilmartin <
> 0000000433f07816-dmarc-requ...@listserv.ua.edu> wrote:
> >
> > Somewhat like ISPF scrolling.  A couple releases ago, Apple reversed the
> conventions
> > of scrolling-by-gesture in OS X (optionally, but default) to be
> compatible with iOS.
> >
> > But still, I wondered if it arose from a desire to page-align the base
> of the area.
> >
> > -- gil

sas