TYPRUN=JCLHOLD gives the same result as SYSAFF to an inactive member:

TIMETEST JOB03653 TSOSKIP 10 * LOCAL  27 X2 <-- inactive member with JCLHOLD
TIMETEST JOB03829 TSOSKIP   5 * LOCAL  27 X0 <-- active member with no HOLD

Neither job goes through conversion, hence '*' in the class column. Neither
shows substitution for symbolics:

// SET D=&LYYMMDD
// SET T=&LHHMMSS

As I said earlier, although this is undoubtedly WAD, it is not necessarily WAW
(working as wished). There is probably no universal solution. I might use time
in a DSN to indicate the time of creation. OTOH I might use time to indicate
when a job was submitted. The same time stamp could hardly be used for both
functions. This is the problem I anticipated during free-for-all discussions at
SHARE. It's not just that different folks want different behavior. The same
person may want different behavior for different purposes.

.
.
.
J.O.Skip Robinson