I understand that IBM left it up to the product owners to decide what NLS
support meant to their products.

Can anyone give me information on how codepages are supported by some of the
more popular products ( like DB2, IMS, CICS)?

Since WTO is restricted to CP-37 displayable EBCDIC characters this means that
the system console messages, and the job log messages are restricted to
readable EBCDIC characters.  That codepage does define accented and non-English
characters so this would mean that some of these products could issue latin
codepage messages that were non-English.

Can anyone confirm that they do that?  If configured properly, will
DB2/IMS/CICS issue non-English messages to the console or job logs?

In the local output files (non-console or job log) for the products do they go
beyond CP-37?  Do they have output in non-latin codepages? Might they contain
DBCS?

Janet