We've discussed on this List configuring no NIP console device and using HMC
instead. I'm testing that practice for the future by configuring off the two
chpids that support all MCS/NIP consoles for one LPAR. I have done that in the
past when actual NIP device(s) would not work. NIP messages showed up on
Operating System Messages and all was fine.

Now however we are getting no NIP messages at all. Three HMCs each with an
integrated 3270 at z/OS 2.1. We expected NIP messages on either the 3270 or on
traditional Op Sys Msg. Nada. Has anyone with a NIPless configuration reached
2.1? Any special considerations?

.
.
.