SMP/E packaging question

"Way, Richard" <richard....@hpe.com>

IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU>

eply

I need to provide SMP service to an existing released product to fix the binder
control cards (only) due to some missing load module ALIASes. Can someone
assist with identifying the steps we'd follow to accomplish this, please? I
know what changes I want to make to the binder control cards, but I am not
versed in SMP/E (obviously). I believe we'd just need to update the JCLIN and
get them to RECEIVE/APPLY/ACCEPT the resultant PTF, but I am unclear on the
details.

Thanks!

Rich Way
HPE Security - Data Security

You might want to look at a sample usermod that comes with High Level Assembler
to add an alias IEV90 to ASMA90.  It is documented in the Inastallation and
Customization Guide chapter 4 (SC26-3494), and is distributed as member ASMAIEV
in ASM.SASMSAM1.  The trick is to include a ++MOD for a module from the target
library (LKLIB).  When I last installed this on z/OS 2.1 the binder output
report showed an include for SASMMOD1(ASMA90), effectively replacing the load
module with itself.  Hope this helps!