On Thu, 28 Jul 2016 18:52:40 +0000, Way, Richard wrote:

>Sorry, correction of my clarification (not that anyone probably much cares
>that much anymore, but I do want to be accurate) - delete "open source"
>from the sentence below and replace with "IBM component".
>
>Rich Way

Ok, so if I understand correctly, you have an SMP/E packaged product that
includes a load module. That load module was created using SMP/E without an
alias that it should have. You then link that load module outside of SMP/E to
include an IBM component.

Here are more questions.

Was the load module linked correctly by SMP/E? I assume not because you seem
to have identified that the JCLIN was missing the alias.

When you link the module after APPLY outside of SMP/E, do you link it back into
the SMP/E target library or into another PDS?

In any case, the JCLIN that you provide to SMP/E for this LMOD will not cause
the second link outside of SMP/E to have the alias.

--
Tom Marchant