From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Janet Graff
Sent: Thursday, August 25, 2016 5:52 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Dump in 64 bit mode "Storage around GPR2 is invalid."

I don't know if I'm XPLINK or standard linkage.
I'm using the following command to link

xlc -o MY64.exe -q64 VSHVOLTG.o VSHVOLT.o VSHMSG.o MY64.o

where would I look to see if XPLINK is turned on?  How would I turn it off?  I
can't find XPLINK mentioned in the Compiler Reference V10.1 IBM XL C for AIX,
V10.1 http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg27012874&aid=1.

Regarding overlays, anything is possible but it's highly unlikely.  I've been
forcing dumps every couple of instructions to make sure things are clean. The
registers in the downstack area don't all reflect the actual state of things
when I force the abends.  Can do a LA R5,186 and the dump will still show R5
containing all Beees.

 I wish I could use TSO TEST but I don't know how to get it to run on a USS
executable.

Janet