From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Graeme Gibson
Sent: Sunday, September 18, 2016 12:12 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: k4t4949b (September 2016 refresh of the z/OS 2.2 manuals)

It's possible that someone at IBM has assumed that 7-Zip produces .zip files,
which it does not.

7-Zip normally uses the file extension, or type, of ".7z", not '.zip".

It's unfortunate, but possibly not inadvertant, that the developers of "7-Zip"
chose a product name that suggests they *are* related.
Because of the confusion, products that do support the industry-standard .zip
file architecture have been pressured by their clients to implement support for
.7z files.  It's clever. I'm reminded of the cuckoo.

Cheers all,
Graeme
<Declaration_Of_Interest>
http://www.slikzip.com