On Tue, Sep 27, 2016 at 3:34 AM, Itschak Mugzach <i_mugz...@securiteam.co.il
> wrote:

> I am looking at the name/token pair of syslogd and the file name (hfs) is
> missing the last character. The value of the last character is binary zero.
>
> Is this a known issue?
>
> *| **Itschak Mugzach | Director | SecuriTeam Software | *

​I'm not sure, but could this be the "normal" 0x00 that terminates a C
language "string"? I'm looking at:
https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSLTBW_2.1.0/com.ibm.zos.v2r1.halx001/syslogdntpairecsasm.htm
At offset 56, the associated length says: "1025 (max 1024 + 1)" which makes
me think that the 0x00 is correct. Unless, of course, you have really
verified that the file name on disk is one character longer than the file
name in this field. In which case, my apologies for intruding. I'm on z/OS
1.12, and so can't easily test this.​

--
Heisenberg may have been here.

Unicode: http://xkcd.com/1726/