I am getting a x'0A' or 10 in the FCAI_CEC field of the FCAI map field The
documentation for Client Error code says this is a sockets error

This return code is coming on the User Subcommand

Thing I have a batch job with the same parameters that is working fine

So the batch job has the following cards

10.0.0.205 21

Reichman joecool

PUT 'IBMUSER.TEST.SYSPRINT(LISTING)'

For the programming interface

I do the INIT command works fine RC 0

Then SCMD OPEN 10.0.0.205 21 works fine  RC 0

Then I have SCMD User Reichman joecool I get rc 3 and Fcai_CEC = 0A

I run this code under TSO TEST and like the batch job

I allocate SYSFTPD to TCPIP.FTP.DATA