From: Barbara Nitz <nitz-...@gmx.net>
To: IBM-MAIN <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU>
Sent: Mon, Oct 10, 2016 9:22 am
Subject: Re: CEEDUMP possible following 'new' failure

>I cannot remember exactly, but what happened was that in IMS the STOP REGION
>command was issued and the address space was not listed anymore in IMS
>(Display active showed it was gone).
>It was visible in JES but nothing could be done about it, it did neither
>accept cancel nor force.

Do you by any chance run Compuware Xpediter or something under IMS? A few jobs
ago, we had the same problem with our IMS regions, and it turned out that
Compuware code was hindering termination. (I took a dump and looked.)

In some cases I was successful by using the (unsupported) callrtm program that
is now a (supported)  operator command. I specified the asid and the bottommost
tcb and ran that program a number of times. In about 70% of the cases it
succeeded in terminating the hung region, in the remaining 30% they needed a
complete IMS restart (to enable to user whose id was blocked) to work again.

Barbara