Yeah, I know, there's an assembler listserve and this isn't it. I'm not on
it and I think most of its members are also here. This IS a mainframe
question ...

Yeah, I could test the basic issues but I am wondering if anyone is doing
this extensively and "happy with it." What are the gotchas? Those are tough
questions to answer via experimentation.

Is anyone using HFS files as their main repository of source code input to
and/or object code output from HLASM? The HLASM manuals are strangely silent
on the issues:

- Is the assembler "happy" with serial UNIX file type input, with records of
varying lengths up to but not exceeding 80?
- How about SYSLIB? I know technically a USS directory can satisfy BPAM --
is HLASM happy with directories as libraries? Does it work if you
concatenate your own HFS directory(ies) to SYS1.MACLIB and the like?
- How about output? Does SYSLIN output to a USS folder seem to work out?

Why do I ask? I have C code in HFS and assembler code in PDSEs and the
"management" details are a little incompatible. Not hopelessly so, but
somewhat. It might make sense to consolidate the high level structure.

Thanks,

Charles