We ar e running RELEASE z/OS 02.01.00.  The target volume (DASD) is for
Flashcopy only.  We have had this type of problem intermittently for other
volumes as well.
On Thu, 3/11/16, Lizette Koehler <stars...@mindspring.com> wrote:

 Subject: Re: SMF RECORD TYPE : HELP
 To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU

 What version of z/OS are
 you running?

 So, I might try the following

 If you have an automation
 tool, this works easier

 Start the displays when the JOB enters the
 system

 1)  D
 GRS,DEV=xxxx         This can be imbedded in
 the JCL with the // command JCL Card or issued as an MVS
 Command

 2)  D
 U,,ALLOC,xxxx,1      This can be imbedded in the JCL with
 the // command JCL Card or issued as an MVS Command

 3)  Add
 PARM='UTILMSG=YES'

 4)  Review the volume to see what is on it.
 Any catalogs, DB2 Tables, zFS or HFS files that might be
 enqueued?

 5)  Is BCD012 a
 tape or disk?  Is it purely a flashcopy volume? Or do you
 allow it to be used by other activities?

 6)  Is this first time this job has had an
 issue or is this a reoccurring event?

 7)  As others have stated, RMF Panels could
 help

 Lizette