You have two issues to consider.

a) what ldap strings the client is "programmed" to be able to send.
check your ITDS log file (or trace) on z/os to see what is being sent
and make adjustments if needed

b) what ldap strings the Tivoli Directory Server will accept.
Only a few filters are allowed for the RACF backend.  The RACF
backend schemas cannot be modified

But also read up on native authentication.  That allows a
non-RACF userid to utilize the RACF password for some other
(or same) userid using a separate ITDS backend.

Then you can also define non-RACF userids with non-RACF passwords
in a separate ITDS backend.  And configure it as you please.

--
  Donald J.
  dona...@4email.net

http://www.fastmail.com - A no graphics, no pop-ups email service