On Tue, 27 Dec 2016 17:52:33 -0700, Paul Gilmartin wrote:

>On 2016-12-27 15:19, McCabe, Ron wrote:
>> Yes, I need to GIMUNZIP.  All the files are in pax.z format on a ZFS file
>> system within our USS subsystem.
>>
>That does not imply you need to GIMUNZIP.  RECEIVE FROMNTS should work for you.
>That's what it's designed for.

I agree with Gil on this. I would expect that you have a directory containing
these files:
GIMPAF.XML
GIMPAF.XSL

and these directories:
SMPHOLD
SMPPTFIN

There may be more files, and a SMPRELF directory. If there is a readme
file, look at it. It may contain sample JCL.

I would try to run RECEIVE FROMNTS, specifying the directory that contains
the above directory for the PATH on SMPNTS. RECEIVE FROMNTS executes
GIMUNZIP under the covers.

--
Tom Marchant