From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On
Behalf Of Elardus Engelbrecht
Sent: Thursday, December 29, 2016 8:14 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Recommendations for RECOVERY options

James Peddycord wrote:

>In this forum with so many people who have so many opinions, I can't
believe that nobody is offering suggestions for the RECOVERY parameter
when asked.

Perhaps these persons with that specific hardware combination are still
on holiday. Or if someone has this specific combination like yours
indeed reads your message, but never experieneced this specific bad
cable problem and perhaps can't contribute.

Others like me are working on other things like RACF (myself), general
z/OS + JES2 + TSO/ISPF matters (also myself). There are programmers in
various languages also active here. Now and then you get some one with
problems with a specific product like DFDSS, DFSORT, CICS, DB2 etc.

Please note: I was previously responsible for storage (SMS/HSM) and
managing hardware (3380 and later 3390, 3490 tapes and Magstar, etc.). I
have some experience with ESCON, but not with Ficon, but I do read ALL
posts on IBM, except those from a madman earlier this month.

I humbly suggest that you repeat your question in second week of January
2017 when most are then hopefully back from their holidays.

Good luck in finding a good solution.

Groete / Greetings
Elardus Engelbrecht

email to lists...@listserv.ua.edu with the message: INFO IBM-MAIN