Hello,

We run GDPS V3R13 and z/OS V2.2.
I am reading the GDPS recommendations (in the GDPS/PPRC V3R13 Installation and
Customization Guide) about System Logger, which, as seems usual with each GDPS
release, have changed again.

Now I read some confusing and/or contradicting information (Ch 2.6).

*         The recommendation remains to not run System Logger on GDPS
K-systems. GDPS will kill it if found.

*         There is a new IXGCNFxx member with parameters for System Logger.

*         The GDPS manual recommends ("To prevent XCFAS on the Controlling
systems from allocating the LOGR CDS") to specify MANAGE ALLOWACCESS(NO) in
IXGCNFxx on GDPS K-systems.

What is the use of the last recommendation?

*         IXGCNFxx is used by System Logger, which is not started there, so it
will never be processed.

*         Why would XCFAS access the LOGR CDS if not directed so by System
Logger?

*         If yet so, how would XCFAS know about the XCFCNFxx restriction?

DISPLAY LOGGER,IXGCNF,MANAGE
IXG602I DISPLAY LOGGER COMMAND NOT PROCESSED,
THE SYSTEM LOGGER IS NOT ACTIVE.

Am I missing something?

Regards,
Kees.