I personally don't have a particular use for it, and thus would not myself
create an RFE requesting it.  But based on what I've seen discussed here I was
thinking they were looking for something like the following example:

select my-file assign using my-file-name.

01  my-file-name  pic x(8).  *> Populate with the DDNAME to be associated with
"my-file"

perform with test after until my-file-name = low-values

    move low-values to my-file-name

    accept my-file-name

    if my-file-name = low-values

        exit perform

    end-if

    open input my-file

    perform process-my-file

    close my-file

end-perform

(yes, I used exit perform.  :-) )

With JCL being something like this:

//SYSIN DD *

FILE1

FILE2

FILE3

FILE4

/*

//FILE1 DD ...

//FILE2 DD ...

//FILE3 DD ...

//FILE4 DD ...

If this is what the OP was really looking for I'm not sure.

Frank