>From dim memories of a conversion performed long ago:

        We changed printers from IBM to HP. We had to get a special interface
circuit that handled EBCDIC, PSF/AFP, and carriage control characters in column
1.  We also had to update a lot of pagedefs and formdefs to deal with the
differences in duplex printing.  Since you are using the same printer,
hopefully this won't be an issue for you.

        We defined new printers and new Functional Subsystem in the JES
initialization deck.  The Bus and Tag printers used proc APSWPROA.  The network
ones use APWSPROT (which is where you specify the IP address in the
CNTL-PRINTDEV-ENDCNTL sequence of JCL statements).  Both procs obviously
customized.

        We used the menu system built into the printer's little control display
to specify that the connection was TCPIP and what the address was.

        Since we were producing documents delivered to the customers, we did
parallel testing of every type of product output (e.g., OGL, DCF, Waterloo,
SAS/GRAPH, etc) as well as the mundane MSGCLASS=A for JCL listings.  The
samples produced on the two printers had to line up pretty much exact.