There are two kinds of SCPPEENU data sets, one for the "master" dialog, and one per ServerPac order for the "order" dialog. (Some time ago, we changed them so that the master dialog is used only for order management, and the order dialog is actually used to install and manage a particular order.)

I suspect that if you look for the order's SCPPEENU data set on the 2.2 system, you will find that it's not cataloged, causing LISTDSI to end with RC 16, Reason code 5.

The order data sets are named using the order HLQ you chose and the order number. If you happened to use my last name as the order's high-level qualifier, and if your order number happened to be KV000198, the data set name would be EELLS.KV000198.SCPPEENU.

All of the order's data sets will need to be cataloged and available on the 2.2 system to finish things up. For example, if they are in a user catalog, and you built a new master catalog ("why?" is a topic for another day), you will have to IMPORT CONNECT the user catalog to the new 2.2 master catalog.

If that's not the problem please post back...

Tom Brennan wrote:
<snip>
I checked the archives for the problem I'm having with the dialogs and I
couldn't see any replies to the same question I will be asking...so here
goes.

I'm installing z/OS 2.2 using my 1.13 system as the driving system.  I'm
up to the point where I have IPL'ed my 2.2 system successfully and now I
am trying to get the dialog to work on it.  The dialog starts fine but
when I choose the order I want to install I get the following error:

The dialog call shown in the ISPEXEC buffer issued a RETURN CODE of: 16
The contents of the ISPEXEC buffer was: /*0003*/LISTDSI SCPPEENU

<snip>

--
John Eells
IBM Poughkeepsie