>>I don't know if IEBCOMPR works fine selecting a member. This sample
cancels with IEC036I 002-B0.

Jorge,

When you specify a member name from a PDS , it essentially is a sequential
file and your SYSIN TYPORG=PO is no longer valid.  You need to supply
TYPORG=PO when you are comparing the entire pds without a member name.

For sequential files you can simply DUMMY out the sysin

Something like this

 //IEBCOMPR JOB (32),'SISTEMAS',CLASS=S,MSGCLASS=X,NOTIFY=&SYSUID
 //STEP1    EXEC PGM=IEBCOMPR
 //SYSPRINT DD  SYSOUT=*
 //SYSUT1   DD  DISP=SHR,DSN=EXPLO.VPROG.FUENTES(ALFADICE)
 //SYSUT2   DD  DISP=SHR,DSN=EXPLO.VPROG.FUENTES(ATCFEXV3)
 //SYSIN    DD  DUMMY

or

 //SYSIN    DD  *
   COMPARE  TYPORG=PS
 /*

For PDS/PDSE comparision WITHOUT a member name

 //IEBCOMPR JOB (32),'SISTEMAS',CLASS=S,MSGCLASS=X,NOTIFY=&SYSUID
 //STEP1    EXEC PGM=IEBCOMPR
 //SYSPRINT DD  SYSOUT=*
 //SYSUT1   DD  DISP=SHR,DSN=EXPLO.VPROG.PDS1
 //SYSUT2   DD  DISP=SHR,DSN=EXPLO.VPROG.PDS2
 //SYSIN    DD  *
   COMPARE  TYPORG=PO
 /*

>>Our aim is give to develop team another similar tool to execute the
compares between members in PDS or PDSE. Could be ICETOOL or DFSORT?.

DFSORT has the ability to compare using the Joinkeys Feature. Send me an
offline email and I can show you various examples of how you can use
DFSORT to compare.

Thanks,
Kolusu

IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> wrote on