On Fri, 3 Feb 2017 14:42:24 -0500, Farley, Peter x23353 wrote:

>OTOH you don't have to wait for completion of a READ or a WRITE.  You can
>issue a WRITE at the end of a processing loop and then go back to process the
>next record while the WRITE completes, and only CHECK the WRITE when you are
>ready to issue the next WRITE.
>
>Similarly for READ's, issue another READ right after the start of processing
>for the prior record, then CHECK the second READ when you come back to the top
>of the processing loop.

Does QSAM not overlap I/O with processing?  I had expected that on the first GET
QSAM would issue BUFNO READs; CHECK the first and return the record for
processing
while the remaining BUFNO-1 READs proceeded.

Another concern if you need to support BPAM is that BPAM and BSAM can share more
code than BPAM and QSAM.

-- gil