The first ten years of my mainframe career I never saw a true IBM installation.
 First I worked with a Fujistu and MSP, then I moved to a shop that had Amdahl
kit, and after that a shop that was Hitachi.  At least for the Amdahl and
Hitachi the OS was really MVS, OS/390 etc.

The Fujitsu environment worked almost exactly the same as the MVS system from
the perspective of an applications programmer.  The sysprogs probably knew more
about the differences than I did at the time.  We ran Adabas/Natural, lots of
PL/1, SAS, and probably many more besides that I didn't know about (this was my
first shop, I was quite young and completely inexperienced of course).

Interesting things I remember about the Fujitsu OS:

MVS was called MSP - Multiple Systems Product if I recall correctly.  But
apparently you could see the IBM copyright in the load modules in some places...
TSO was called TSS - Time Sharing System
RACF was still called RACF - and worked exactly the same
Though JCL was the same, we had something called JOL - Job Oriented Language.
This was a set of ISPF panels that walked you through creation of each jobstep
and built (awful) dynamically allocated JCL.
ISPF was called SPF - Systems Productivity Facility
We had something called GEM - I forget the acronym, this was a source/version
control system if I recall correctly.
Used to have to use the TSO SUBMIT and OUTPUT commands a lot - but I guess this
was no different from MVSes of the same era (early 80's).
We didn't have SDSF.

Mike