>I have someone telling me that I can use a simple IDCAMS Repro
[snip]

>Is it possible to use IDCAMS to copy a zFS file and not break the structure?

Not only possible put inmost cases much faster that copy the data using unix
commands such as pax of copytree. Here is the fine manual says about this:

z/OS Distributed File Service zFS Administration Version 2 Release 1
Increasing the size of a compatibility mode aggregate
Copying the physical blocks of the aggregate to a larger data set

Another method to increase the size of a zFS aggregate is to copy the physical
blocks of the aggregate to a larger data set using the DFSMS REPRO command.
This approach is normally faster than using the pax command. However, do not
format the target zFS data set before using the REPRO command. Figure 10 on
page 34 shows an example of this approach.
[snip]
With this approach, the new VSAM linear data set must not be formatted as an
empty zFS file system before the REPRO command is used. (If the new data set
was formatted, the REPRO would copy blocks to the end of the primary
allocation, not the beginning. The data blocks being copied contain all the
file system data and the file system information, so formatting is not
necessary.) Neither file system needs to be mounted. REPRO uses native VSAM
calls to read and write the blocks.

--
Peter Hunkeler