From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Todd Arnold
Sent: Monday, March 20, 2017 7:32 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: ComputerWorld Says: Cobol plays major role in U.S.
government breaches

Gee, I've been developing crypto technology for 30+ years that runs in those
environments - so it's certainly news to me that it can't be done :-)

Looking at the ICSF Application Programmer's Guide, which defines the ways most
z/OS applications get cryptographic services, I see this:

  ICSF callable services can be called from application programs written in a
number
  of high-level languages as well as assembler. The high-level languages are:
    - C
    - COBOL
    - FORTRAN
    - PL/I