From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Elardus Engelbrecht
Sent: Friday, March 31, 2017 6:20 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: SMF 92 analysis (File System Activity)

To all gurus,

Background:

Some of my colleagues applied some PTFs on a sandbox and IPLed that.
Something went wrong with the symbolic references (file type Symb). So /dev ...
whatever, etc. disappeared after the IPL.
Backup / restore it to a new zHFS file using another datasetname resolved the
problem.

Question:

Are there any tools available to analyse SMF record 92 and subtype 14 to see
what all happened to these zFS and all the folders?

Of course, Google listed some tools, but they are costly (two [nameless]
vendors known of being expensive). I have tried searching MVS-OE, but searching
that list is difficult. Apparently there is not a search tool there?

CBT tape searches turned up empty, perhaps I used incorrect search arguments?