We had an IBMer give a presentation a couple weeks back, an update on all
things z. He mentioned that one of the biggest users of zLinux on the planet
was ADP, who of course use it for...payroll.

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Bill Woodger
Sent: Thursday, April 06, 2017 6:30 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: What are mainframes

On Thu, 6 Apr 2017 19:02:23 +0800, David Crayford <dcrayf...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On 6/04/2017 6:35 PM, Bill Woodger wrote:
>> Just to note, the UK Weather Centre (The Meteorological Office, or Met
>> Office) uses a big-boy LinuxONE and they were an early user of that.
>
>Do you know what they use if for? Probably not for weather forecasting
>algorithms.

There's other stuff out there as well, but here's a link:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www-2D01.ibm.com_software_uk_system-2Dz_case-2Dstudies.html&d=CwIFaQ&c=WOw_-MBzs743TEfXwfA7Tw&r=kle-_F3IWRF-Gw0F_l5HNge2Iw6bGlOQxJ_-Ik-ufXE&m=HQ1Jf61VqemDOq2SMaF2V4IF3LzWdgX69dekwt-YBYE&s=i1VBdsodATLiIh8lfjRh0-IQvB7XgFnWq-fSU-h3rTw&e=

Doesn't look like they use it for Payroll.