From: Peter Relson <rel...@us.ibm.com>
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: SETRP with DUMP=YES
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2017 08:28:49 -0400

SETRP, IIRC, always "returns to the next sequential instruction" unless
you specify the REGS parameter.

One thing that I think you can't do is to set the "DUMP = Yes" option (or
any other option for that matter) without also setting the "return code",
as all the expansions set that, and the return code setting defaults to
"continue with termination" (i.e., percolate). Thus it is often a good
idea to set all the options (in one or more invocations) and then request
retry last, to avoid resetting the return code from "retry" to
"percolate".

Peter Relson
z/OS Core Technology Design