[Default] On 26 Apr 2017 11:13:38 -0700, in bit.listserv.ibm-main
jesse1.robin...@sce.com (Jesse 1 Robinson) wrote:

>FWIT in the absence of any other reply. We still run CSP but on z/OS. Not sure
>of the release; I believe it's the last one IBM shipped. It still limps along
>with provisos.

I believe that it is 4.2.  From a support and computer utilization
point of view there should be a project to kill the beast or get to
the latest and greatest (EGL I think).  This will probably be a
barrier to going to COBOL V5 and higher.  I have not fond memories of
this beast.  Among other things positive packed numbers get an F sign
nibble, not a C sign nibble while negative numbers get the D sign
nibble.  I couldn't tell from the information online whether the most
recent incarnation still has this idiosyncrasy.

Clark Morris