From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Clark Morris
Sent: Wednesday, April 26, 2017 3:38 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: (External):Re: Legacy product

[Default] On 26 Apr 2017 11:13:38 -0700, in bit.listserv.ibm-main
jesse1.robin...@sce.com (Jesse 1 Robinson) wrote:

>FWIT in the absence of any other reply. We still run CSP but on z/OS. Not sure
>of the release; I believe it's the last one IBM shipped. It still limps along
>with provisos.

I believe that it is 4.2.  From a support and computer utilization point of
view there should be a project to kill the beast or get to the latest and
greatest (EGL I think).  This will probably be a barrier to going to COBOL V5
and higher.  I have not fond memories of this beast.  Among other things
positive packed numbers get an F sign nibble, not a C sign nibble while
negative numbers get the D sign nibble.  I couldn't tell from the information
online whether the most recent incarnation still has this idiosyncrasy.

Clark Morris