>Unfortunately, this is now working-as-designed as announced in an RFA and at
>Share.

Unfortunately, this is nowhere near what users need. Decision makers are not
users, so what can you expect :-((

I like to have the PDFs, and I like to have them organized in subdirectories
named after the component, and I like to have the PDFs be named after the title
of the book. I most cases I know what book to open, and this organization makes
it very easy for me. I also have this structure on my iPad.

What I've done is to start with this web page
https://www-03.ibm.com/systems/z/os/zos/library/bkserv/index.html

and open the corresponding "Download books in PDF  format", save the page
source and run it through som REXX scripts. The result is a Windows CMD file
that creates subdirectories, downloads the PDFs, and renames them. All you need
is REXX (Regine REXX, e.g.) and wget. (I have not yet adapted this to curl).

The little pain with this is the fact the the html source slightly changes
every now and them. But apart from that, the process works nicely for me.

I'm happy to share the scripts, if anyone is interested. Drop me a note
off-list.

Now, I B M  w i l l   y o u   p l e a s e,   p l e a s e  n o t   a b a n d o n
  t h i s   "Download books in PDF format" support ever!!! KC has its place but
will never be a replacement for PDFs to be read offline!

--
Peter Hunkeler