The pdf's are fine for print and general reading. And searching has improved.
UNTIL I want the specific rc/rsn for an IDC3009I which is somewhere between
pages 299 and 573 in the iea3m602.pdf and since almost every other IDC message
references IDC3009I, the search in the pdf is pretty useless.

Bookmanager search is still the best. And for what it's worth, I always
download all the books and shelves using Softcopy Librarian. Searching in
Softcopy Librarian used to pass the search into the Bookmanager book and take
you directly to the result.