From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Steve Smith
Sent: Friday, April 28, 2017 8:28 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: Issue with SK4T-4949-13 - IBM Online Library: z/OS V2R2
Collection, March 2017

Likewise, I depend on PDFs of many many IBM manuals, and am flabbergasted that
IBM keeps moving them around, and frankly just making it harder and harder to
find them on their website.

Whatever wonderful new tools and techniques you care to implement, I merely
want a simple page where I can see a list of PDFs, and easily just download the
ones I want.  The bundles of PDFs are great as well.  This is what IBM provided
for a number of years, and worked very well.  My job description doesn't
include spending inordinate amounts of time re-learning how to access
documentation every few months.

Also, everyone I know spends time renaming the PDF files to include the title.
It'd be awful nice if IBM did that in the first place.

That said, I do appreciate that IBM does provide the documentation for free,
and without requiring a lot of licensing/registration/authorization
roadblocks.

sas

On Fri, Apr 28, 2017 at 8:08 AM, Steve Thompson <ste...@copper.net> wrote:

> On 04/28/2017 06:50 AM, Dejan Stamatovic wrote:
>
>> I totally subscribe to your point of view:
>> Peter Hunkeler <p...@gmx.ch> wrote
>>
>> Now, I B M  w i l l   y o u   p l e a s e,   p l e a s e  n o t   a b a n
>> d o n   t h i s   "Download books in PDF format" support ever!!! KC has its
>> place but will never be a replacement for PDFs to be read offline!
>>
>> Manuals in PDF format are essential to my work and I can not imagine
>> what I would be doing, at times, without them.
>>

> Ditto for me.
>
> Regards,
> Steve Thompson

sas