From: "Lester, Bob" <bles...@ofiglobal.com>
To: IBM-MAIN@listserv.ua.edu
Sent: 01-May-17 1:22:56 PM
Subject: Omegamon use?

Hi Folks,

     Looking for opinions on this.

We've been running Omegamon (MVS + CICS) forever. We're a small shop. 2 lpars, not shared - monoplexes.

As I upgrade these products, it seems that the GUI stuff (TEMS?) - which we've been avoiding - is more and more prevalent.

What are folks in my position doing? I'm tempted to configure all of it, but notice that the DSST task is a resource pig, even when it's just out of the box.

Is it worth the resource usage? Does it provide additional functionality? (Yes, I have RTFM and I still pose the question). Do I even have a choice?

     What are y'all doing?

Thanks!
BobL

This e-mail transmission may contain information that is proprietary, privileged and/or confidential and is intended exclusively for the person(s) to whom it is addressed. Any use, copying, retention or disclosure by any person other than the intended recipient or the intended recipient's designees is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient or their designee, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete all copies. OppenheimerFunds may, at its sole discretion, monitor, review, retain and/or disclose the content of all email communications.