Run the VSMDATA against the dump and look for repeated areas with specific
sizes. Then look at the data.

On Tue, 2 May 2017 09:41:05 -0400 scott Ford <idfli...@gmail.com> wrote:

:>All:
:>
:>I have a STC written in Cobol V4.1 calling Assembler routines to perform
:>various RACF functions. I have a customer who is reporting seeing a storage
:>creep in subpool = 0 key 8.  We use Subpool = 1 key 8 when we call IRRSEQ00
:>(r_admin) call. We then issue a 'FREEMAIN', see below:
:>
:>
:>*---------------------------------------------------------------------*
:>*        REGS PASSED TO FREEMAIN: R3=SUBPOOL R2=SIZE R4=ADDRESS
:>*---------------------------------------------------------------------*
:>         FREEMAIN  RU,A=(R4),SP=(R3),LV=(R2) FREE OLD BLOCK
:>
:>I know the Freemain is working, we did a test with an ABEND with a dump and
:>saw r15 = 0 and the above registers and they were correct. The twist here
:>is right before we call IRRSEQ00, we issue a
:>
:>  MODESET KEY=ZERO,MODE=SUP
:>      issue our call
:>  MODESET KEY=NZERO,MODE=PROB
:>      build output record and pass back to caller.
:>
:>  I ran out STC and issue a RACF command and the issued a
:>     'DUMP COMM=(xxxxxxxx)'
:>  Pulled it into IPCS...reviewing the dump I saw very little subpool = 0
:>activity..
:>
:>  I am stumped here. We have a called scheduled with IBM.
:>
:>*IDMWORKS *
:>
:>Scott Ford
:>
:>z/OS Dev.
:>
:>
:>
:>
:>“By elevating a friend or Collegue you elevate yourself, by demeaning a
:>friend or collegue you demean yourself”
:>
:>
:>
:>www.idmworks.com
:>
:>scott.f...@idmworks.com
:>
:>Blog: www.idmworks.com/blog
:>
:>
:>
:>
:>
:>*The information contained in this email message and any attachment may be
:>privileged, confidential, proprietary or otherwise protected from
:>disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient,
:>you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying or
:>use of this message and any attachment is strictly prohibited. If you have
:>received this message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to
:>the message and permanently delete it from your computer and destroy any
:>printout thereof.*
:>
:>For IBM-MAIN subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions,
:>send email to lists...@listserv.ua.edu with the message: INFO IBM-MAIN

http://www.dissensoftware.com