So there is nothing to SPIN.

Instead of using JCLOUT which is an INTRDR (Very different than a normal SYSOUT
statement)

Find a task that uses SYSOUT=*   or SYSOUT=A  (Or some similar OUTPUT CLASS)

Then try your $T command again

1)  Verify there is output in the DD statement by following the steps provided
           a)  DA OSTC Screen
           b)  ? next to the Running task
           c)  Verify the DD statement has output by entering S next to the DD
statement (Other than a JES prefixed DD)
2)  Next, issue the SPIN command that you want against that output

3)  See if there is a JES2 message indicating output has been actioned
           a)  When spinning remember it will still be in the Spool.  Instead
check the OUTPUT Panel  O  to see if it is there

Remember we cannot access your shop.  You need to experiment based on the
feedback you get.  Read up on the $T command in the JES2 manuals to understand
what it does, and what you should expect for the results.

Lizette