From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On
Behalf Of Mike Myers
Sent: Wednesday, May 17, 2017 3:18 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: SMF Records

Leonard:

I don't have access to the system any more where I did this, but based on
the retained documents of the time, I gathered SMF type 119 records from
TCP/IP. Subtype 7 records contain all data relating to FTP file transfers.
They give the file name, origin IP address, time stamp (date is relative and
not in the record), receptor IP address, and file size.
Filtering on these, I was able to find info on all files FTPed into or out
of the z/OS box. You should be able to use this by sorting by file name to
discover your over-writes. If I recall, it didn't matter whether the file
was a USS or MVS file.

As I recall, I did have to turn on SMF record creation in TCP/IP, which were
not being generated by default.