From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> on behalf of
zMan <zedgarhoo...@gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, May 25, 2017 11:41 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Looks like lots of folks in marketing said thanks but no thanks

I hear the "Oh, I don't think I could work at home" all the time. I just
smile and say "It's not for everyone", but what I hear them saying is
"Damn, I wish my job let me do that!"

Mind you, after 15 years, I'm pretty used to it.

On Thu, May 25, 2017 at 12:58 PM, Burrell, Todd <todd_burr...@csx.com>
wrote:

> I've always said that if you think you need someone in the office so you
> can make sure they are working - then you hired the wrong person.   Bad
> employees will goof off whether they are in the office or at home.   And I
> get a LOT more done from home than I ever do in the office because there
> are no distractions at home like at the office.
>
> And the old "water cooler" argument about learning a lot from discussions
> in the office has a little merit, but not much.  Most of the times these
> discussions quickly wonder off into personal discussions.
>
> Todd Burrell | Sr. Mainframe Systems Administrator

zMan -- "I've got a mainframe and I'm not afraid to use it"